The 2022 Fall Prairie Fire Marathon, presented by Davis-Moore, is coming up on Sunday, October 9th, through the streets of Downtown Wichita! The Prairie Fire Marathon is a fast, mostly flat course that is also a qualifier for the Boston Marathon. Marathoners and Half-Marathoners run the streets from downtown Wichita, past College Hill, and back through Riverside.
Here’s a look at everything you need to know.
- Registration for Marathon, Half-Marathon, 5K and Friendly 5K are open NOW at RunSignUp. Visit: Fall Prairie Fire Marathon (runsignup.com) to register.
- Online registration ends at 11:59 p.m. on October 6th, 2022. If you don’t register online, you can register for all of our races at packet pickup on October 8th at WAVE from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m
RACE DAY SCHEDULE + PARKING
- Get the race day schedule and timeline here: Race Weekend – Greater Wichita Area Sports Commission (wichitasports.com) (scroll down for hotel & parking info!)
- Marathon Course Map: https://wichitasports.com/wpcms/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/22-PFM-Map.pdf
- Half Marathon Course Map: https://wichitasports.com/wpcms/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/22-PFM-Half-Map.pdf
- 5K/Friendly 5K Course Map: https://wichitasports.com/wpcms/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/22-PFM-5K-Map.pdf
CHEER & SUPPORT
We encourage friends, family and community members to come out along the route and cheer on all of the runners as they make their way through the course. Wear costumes, make signs, bring music, and cheer so they can hear!
A few great places to get out and support:
- Enjoy a meal at one of the many restaurants along Douglas and watch while you eat!
- Grab a group of friends (or a little league team, dance team, Girl Scout troop… you get the idea) and find a spot along McLean in Riverside to cheer on the runners on their homestretch!
- Join the party downtown to be at the start & finish line while you clap and shout!
More questions? Check out our FAQ section here: Prairie Fire FAQ, or give us a call at 316-265-6236.