Reports to: President/CEO
Application Deadline: January 31, 2024
The Events Coordinator for the Wichita Sports Commission will be responsible for the development and operational management of all WSC events under the direction of, or in which the WSC is involved. This position will require close communication with the marketing of the events along with fulfillment of sponsorship obligations.
Provide supervision for key annual events owned/operated by WSC (Prairie Fire Spring Races, Greater Wichita Sports Banquet featuring the Buster Posey National Collegiate Catcher of the Year, NBC World Series, Wichita Corporate Challenge, Prairie Fire Marathon and Wichita Turkey Trot). Budget management will be an important aspect of this position. Race operations experience is important, but not required.
The candidate must understand and promote the mission and objectives of the WSC while possessing a strong assertive work ethic, with good written and oral communication skills. Candidate should have the ability to communicate and express ideas clearly and concisely, be a self-starter who is comfortable with managing multiple projects and tasks simultaneously. Candidate must be capable of exercising initiative, judgment, tact, and diplomacy in a wide variety of public contact situations. Candidate should have the ability to work cooperatively within a small office environment in a team management situation. Candidate must possess good office skills, strong computer abilities, and complete projects and assignments in a timely manner. Candidate must be able to prepare and make proposals and presentations and interact within the community. Candidate must have the capacity to be physically active in preparation for, and execution of events. Local travel will be required. Working some evenings, weekends and holidays may also be required. Candidate must have reliable transportation.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, manage, and monitor timelines of the overall event operational plan.
- Collaborate with 3rd party personnel to ensure successful event execution.
- Work with WSC staff in establishing event marketing strategies.
- Manage databases, registration processes and coordination for event volunteers.
- Oversee volunteer recruiting efforts and coordination.
- Coordinate event staff responsible for execution of events.
- Other duties as necessary to contribute to the overall success of the organization.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Demonstrated work experience in related field.
Salary is commensurate with experience and other qualifications. A quality benefits package is also available which includes health and dental benefits, 401K savings plan, short-term disability, long-term disability, and vacation.
Anticipated start date: February 2024
Resume, cover letter and three references can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org