The Wichita Sports Commission is looking for summer interns to assist in the operations of the:
- Greater Wichita Sports Banquet, featuring the Buster Posey National Collegiate Catcher of the Year Award
- National Baseball Congress World Series
- Wichita Corporate Challenge
The internship program occasionally includes nights and weekends. These internships are paid a $500/month stipend, with the opportunity for commission on sales, and they will be able to network with individuals, organizations, and businesses in the community.
Summer Session: Anticipated Start: May until mid-August
Sales & Sponsorship Internship
- Actively make sales calls for groups & fundraisers for the NBC World Series (commission paid on sales made)
- Learn to create partnership proposals
- Assist with sponsorship execution and fulfillment
- Assist with ticketing operations, including ticket printing and distribution
- Work with local business and community partners on trade partnerships
- Create and execute sales-focused theme nights
Marketing & Promotions Internship
- Assist in creating a marketing plan for upcoming events
- Create social media and marketing content, including Instagram, Facebook & Twitter
- Email marketing
- Website updating and content creation
- Work with local media partners and marketing partners to promote events
- Create a fun fan experience for events, including elements such as between innings promotions, stadium entertainment, promotional events etc.
- On event day, execute in-game promotions and assist with giveaways, promotions and entertainment as needed
Social Media & Content Internship (NBC World Series focused)
- Write regular blog posts and articles related to the NBC World Series, including highlighting teams and players, community partnerships, upcoming promotions and entertainment
- Create regular social media content promoting the NBC World Series for Instagram, Facebook, TikTok & Twitter
- Engage & entertain NBC social media audience – knowledge of current trends and memes, and willingness to bring creative ideas to the table all a plus!
- Maintain a social media calendar & schedule to ensure regular posting
- Track all relevant social posts and consolidate reports for each promotional campaign
- Knowledge of baseball a plus
Multimedia/Video Production Internship
- Organize shoots and coordinate logistics with coaches and front office
- Quickly edit content for social media distribution
- Research and create videos for all NBCWS/WSC social media profiles and YouTube channel
- Oversee/coordinate NBC World Series livestream
- Shoot videos at events as needed
- Help maintain the department’s video and replay database
- Take ownership and lead design and creative projects as assigned
- Contribute creativity to planning and executing in-game promotions
- All other duties as assigned
- Assist in planning and organization of events, including organizing and executing event timelines, and assisting with all aspects of event operations
- Assist in set up and tear down of all events
- Areas of involvement may include (but not limited to): ticketing system, venue operations, equipment and gear, volunteer organization, merchandise, hospitality etc.
- Opportunity to work across departments and learn overall operations of sporting events
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
All interns will work with other internal departments on various special projects throughout the season, and perform other duties as assigned.
For additional information about the internship program, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 316-265-6236 with questions.