Wichita Sports Commission Internships
The Wichita Sports Commission is looking for spring (January-May) and summer (May-August) interns to assist in the operations of the:
- Prairie Fire Race Series
- Greater Wichita Sports Banquet, featuring the Buster Posey National Collegiate Catcher of the Year Award
- National Baseball Congress World Series – 90th Anniversary
- Wichita Corporate Challenge
The internship program may include some nights and weekends. These internships are paid a $500/month stipend, with the opportunity for commission on sales, and they will be able to network with individuals, organizations, and businesses in the community. While individual internships will have a specific departmental focus, interns will gain exposure to all aspects of the organization and will assist in projects and events across all departments.
All Internships are available for both Spring & Summer sessions. To apply for an internship, email your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring Session: Mid-January-May
Summer Session: May-August
Sales & Sponsorship Internship
- Actively recruit business to participate in the 2024 Wichita Corporate Challenge
- Learn to create partnership proposals for all WSC events
- Assist with sponsorship execution and fulfillment for all WSC events
- Assist with ticketing operations, including ticket printing and distribution
- Work with local business and community partners on trade partnerships
- Create and execute sales-focused theme nights and promotions
Promotions & Marketing Internship
- Assist in creating a marketing plan for upcoming events
- Create social media and marketing content, including Instagram, Facebook & Twitter
- Email marketing using Constant Contact
- Website updating and content creation
- Work with local media partners and marketing partners to promote events
- Create a fun fan experience for events, including elements such as between innings promotions, stadium entertainment, promotional events etc.
- On event day, execute in-game promotions and assist with giveaways, promotions and entertainment as needed
- Creativity and a willingness to take initiative both important in this role
- Actively make sales calls for groups & fundraisers for the NBC World Series (commission paid on sales made)
Multimedia/Video Production Internship
- Organize shoots and coordinate logistics with sponsors, volunteers, fans and front office
- Quickly edit content for social media distribution
- Research and create videos for all NBCWS/WSC social media profiles and YouTube channel.
- Shoot videos at events as needed.
- Help maintain the department’s video and replay database.
- Take ownership and lead design and creative projects as assigned.
- Contribute creativity to planning and executing in-game promotions.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Assist in planning and organization of events, including organizing and executing event timelines, and assisting with all aspects of event operations.
- Assist in set up and tear down of all events.
- Areas of involvement may include (but not limited to): ticketing system, venue operations, equipment and gear, volunteer organization, merchandise, hospitality etc.
- Opportunity to work across departments and learn overall operations of sporting events
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
All interns will work with other internal departments on various special projects throughout the season, and perform other duties as assigned.
To apply for the 2024 internship program, please submit your resume to email@example.com. Call 316-265-6236 for any questions. There are also NBC World Series-specific internships available. More information can be found at nbcbaseball.com.