Prairie Fire Wichita Fall Races
Course Descriptions & Registration
Fall Races Registration
Registration for the 2023 Fall Prairie Fire Race Series on October 8, 2023 is open NOW!
NOTE: Please read our policies below before registering for your event! After registering, please read our Runner Information and Packet Pickup location.
The Prairie Fire Marathon is a USATF Certified Race (KS19019TJD) and a Boston Marathon Qualifier with a double loop course design that promises a fast and exciting course taking runners through the heart of Wichita. Runners begin in the Old Town district, run along the Douglas Design District, and pass through the lively College Hill area. After turning around, runners head through Downtown Wichita before taking in the views along the Arkansas River and the historic Riverside Park area. This course is shared with the Prairie Fire Half Marathon.
The Prairie Fire Half Marathon is a USATF Certified Race (KS19018TJD) with a single loop course design that promises a fast and exciting course taking runners through the heart of Wichita. While on the course, runners will begin in the Old Town district, run along the Douglas Design District, and pass through the lively College Hill area. Runners will then head through Downtown before taking in the views along the Arkansas River and the historic Riverside Park area. The course is shared with the Prairie Fire Marathon.
The 5K is a USATF Certified Race (KS19017TJD) is a keyhole design (out, loop and back). Runners begin in Downtown Wichita and head towards historic Riverside Park. A simple out and back course design, this route has been a hit with experienced and novice runners.
Are you looking for a great way to get involved on race day, but not interested in a competitive race? The Friendly 5K is the race for you!
A perfect option for a child and parent, you and your bestie, a couple, or any twosome that wants to enjoy the race experience without the pressure of racing the clock.
In this untimed event, participants will utilize our 5K course, receive a race shirt, and a shiny finisher’s medal after crossing the line. All levels are encouraged to participate. Run, jog, or walk your way to our spectacular finisher’s party and celebrate with us on race day.
We hope to see many new faces in October!
Back 2 Back (B2B)
Participants MUST complete running in the 5K or Half Marathon events in the Spring to register for the 5K, Half, or Full B2B in the Fall. Participants must complete the Spring & Fall races to be eligible for commemorative items. Registration alone will not release race amenities.
- Participants must be 16 years of age (or have parental consent with a signed waiver).
- Participants will receive their commemorative B2B bib, B2B t-shirt and event shirt.
- Participants will receive their commemorative B2B medal and finisher medal on race day at the finish line of the Fall race.
Fall Race Registration Policies
Please read carefully before registering for any event.
- The Prairie Fire Marathon does not offer refunds or transfers for any reason.
- All packets must be picked up at the packet pickup on Saturday. Location TBD
- There is no race day packet pickup!
- Packets cannot be mailed to participants.
- Participants unable to get to packet pickup may have someone else pick up their packet for them. Their representative must show a copy of the participant’s photo ID and a note authorizing the representative to pick up the packet, in order to claim the packet and premiums.
- A $10 fee will be charged for changing races. You must notify the Prairie Fire Marathon Race Series office by e-mail or U.S. mail before Thursday, October 6th to change races, or make the change at the expo on Saturday, October 7th.