How Our Team Divisions Work
Divisions will be split based on a company’s total number of employees. Companies joining forces to compete will be placed in the division based upon their total combined number of employees.
Building a Successful Team
- Participation incentives (team t-shirt, time off work for team training, gift certificates, day off)
- Senior management endorsement and participation (have the CEO send out an email/letter, have a lead-up event pep rally where the CEO/President encourages participation)
- Hold a kick-off party explaining what the Corporate Challenge is (events, how points accumulate, etc.)
- Encourage a “fun” vs. competitive aspect
- Ongoing communication (emails, bulletins, or through internal website)
- Promote health & fitness through participation
- Get buy-in from your HR department to promote the benefits of participation
- Allow participants to wear team t-shirts on designated casual days leading up to Corporate Challenge
- If too many people are vying for a position in an event, hold company qualifiers, drawings, or play-off challenges. Companies can also purchase a second entry into the Wichita Corporate Challenge.
- Volunteering is another great way to get involved!
- Try to get management on the organizing committee
- Recruit management as Team Captains
- Recruit management for the Executive Relay and Briefcase Shuttle events
- Communicate the benefits of the games (team building, networking, camaraderie, fun, fitness, goals)
- Keep management informed
- Have the WCC Games staff do a presentation to the senior management team
- Encourage team support by attending the events
Game Time is Forfeit Time
Please arrive 20 minutes prior to your first game. Teams who default (don’t show) will lose four (4) points from their overall team score.
Please be sure to read ALL team requirements before creating your team!