Contributing to the Success of the Games
Volunteers are a major part of Wichita Corporate Challenge and are essential to making this event a success. In addition, volunteerism is a great way to get more non-participants in the spirit of the games!
While the goal for each company should be to focus on team building, family and friends are welcome to participate as your company’s volunteers if necessary. They must be at least 18 years of age.
Volunteers will help out in areas that involve interaction with participants and other volunteers. Tasks will include:
- Checking in participants at events
- Timing & score keeping at various events
- Maintaining water coolers, cups, and ice at various locations on campus
- Setting up and tearing down events
- Assisting with campus clean-up
Company volunteers will not be expected to fill highly skilled or technical roles (refereeing or operating sound equipment, etc.). The maximum time commitment is dependent on the event working.
Company volunteers will be assigned, as a group where possible, to one or more tasks. There could be minor changes in the schedule, therefore the Company Coordinator will be notified of the final Volunteer Assignment Schedule (event dates, times, and roles) one week prior to the start date of the event.
Note: If one of your volunteers has a physical limitation, please let us know in advance so that they are assigned a job that will meet his/her specific needs.
Companies that do not fulfill all volunteer requirements will have ten (10) points deducted from their team total per default.
To register to become a volunteer during the Wichita Corporate Challenge, go to this website and register.
If you have any questions or want to become a volunteer contact email@example.com.
Responsibilities and Requirements
The Volunteer Coordinator (or in some cases, the Company Coordinator), is responsible for ensuring that its company meets all volunteer commitments by:
- Recruiting the required number of volunteers
- 100 or Fewer employees – 3 volunteers
- 101-300 employees – 4 volunteers
- 301-500 employees – 5 volunteers
- 501 or more employees – 6 volunteers
- Ensuring that volunteers turn out at their assigned event